Thursday, December 18, 2014

Planning Your Days at Disney World

In the short time that we have been the home owners of Remy's Refuge, we've had the opportunity to meet many great people that are either in the vacation rental business, fellow central Floridians (the word Orlandian doesn't exist...), or people that vacation in Orlando on a regular basis.

Big Al and his family fall into that last category. Here's a bio of our new friends from the United Kingdom along with some tips from them about planning your Disney trip. Take it from us, they are experts!

Hi everyone! 

My friends call me Big Al and I’m a 50-year-old man who lives with my 22-year-old daughter, Hayley, and her fiancĂ©, Daniel, in a picturesque little village in the UK.
I first visited Walt Disney World back in 1988 for a few days whilst vacationing in Florida and remember being hooked straight away. I couldn’t afford to return until 2003 with my daughter (who was then 10) and remember being so taken with the place that, upon my return to the UK, I bought a villa in Bridgewater, Florida. Unfortunately, I had to sell the villa in 2009, but in those years we had many, many fantastic trips to Disney and have had many, many fantastic trips back since. 

My daughter and I introduced Daniel to Walt Disney World in 2010 when we visited at Christmas and he became a Disney fanatic too. In fact, we all have Disney-related tattoos of varying shapes and sizes: Hayley has a Mickey tattoo on her foot, Daniel has Walt’s famous quote “It was all started by a mouse” on his leg and I have a tattoo of the Tree of Life, the Tower of Terror (my favourite ride), the Epcot Spaceship Earth and Cinderella’s castle on my arm.

Here are a few tips about planning your next trip to Walt Disney World:

1. PLAN AHEAD 
You need to have some sort of plan when visiting the theme parks, since there are 4 of them and they are huge! Knowing which rides and attractions you want to see in advance can save lots of time, walking and disappointment. 
If you haven’t visited Disney before (or even if you have) take a look at the website below. It’s great for getting a feel of what the parks are all about and will help you formulate your ‘Disney Plan’: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/themeparks.htm

2.  GET THERE EARLY 
Preferably at least half an hour before opening during peak season. If you followed tip #1, you should already know which attractions and rides you most want to see/do so, as soon as the gates open, head straight for them! Do those attractions as many times as you can before the parks fill up and the lines become long! 

3. USE FAST PASSES 
Make use of the fast pass system and get fast passes to your favourite rides for later in the day. That way you can skip the lines at times when the lines are long.

Until next time, 
Big Al

No comments:

Post a Comment